Saturday, May 22, 2010

Celebrating a Graduate's Success!

 The Salvation Army believes that is important to celebrate a person's success. Recently, we honored, Arielle James, recipient of The Salvation Army Project Tomorrow scholarship. James is graduating from Tyler Street Christian Academy.



Meet this outstanding graduate and read her bio!








My name is Arielle James and  I just graduated from Tyler Street Christian Academy (TSCA). In 7th grade, I received the Project Tomorrow Scholarship from The Salvation Army Cedar Crest Community Center, which helped me to attend TSCA. I really liked going to school there and over the years, I played basketball, cheerleading, and track. But, the thing I liked most about TSCA was the teachers! They made the biggest impact on me. IF it was not for my scholarship, I would still be at my other school and would not be prepared to go to college. Next year, I am going to Tuskgee in Alabama and I'm very excited.
Dr. Karen Egger, Arielle James, and Barbara Webb

Barbara Webb, TSCA school counselor, says Arielle developed the skills she needs to be successful in college. "Arielle is a great listener, good at asking questions, and is not only prepared academically, but also spiritually."

Dr. Karen Egger, TSCA Superintendent, comments, "My wish is for Arielle to be equally successful in life as she has been in high school. We are so proud of her."

Arielle with Sergeant Rodney and Juanita Hinkle, officers from
The Salvation Army Cedar Crest Community Center.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of all of the Project Tomorrow graduates! And truly saddened that this AMAZING program will not continue. I know of so many Project Tomorrow grads who are doing great things -- Salvation Army officers, lawyers, health care administrators, philanthropists (pro-football player), etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Salvation Army DFWMay 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM

    The Salvation Army DFW's Project Tomorrow program is actively functioning and is making quality education possible. We continue to support the program and are always enthusiastic about the opportunities it presents to the children enrolled. For more information regarding the Project Tomorrow program, please contact Rhonda Lemons, Youth and Education Services Manager, at ( 214) 637 - 8173.

    ReplyDelete